Director, Atlanta Civic Site, Annie E. Casey Foundation
- Get Georgia Reading Campaign Steering Committee
- Healthy Beginnings System of Care Advisory Board
- Aerotropolis Atlanta Executive Committee and Board
- Oglethorpe University Center for Civic Engagement Board
- Leadership Atlanta
- Achieving Leadership’s Purpose, NY
- Working out
- Our Kids – Robert Putnam
- Between the World and Me – Ta-Nehisi Coates
- Just Mercy – Bryan Stevenson
- My father – Lionel J. Forstall
What most people don’t know about you?
- My first name, which I adopted during my junior year abroad in college in Ghana, West Africa, means born on Wednesday.
Kweku oversees the Atlanta Civic Site’s programs, investments and partnerships in several southwest Atlanta neighborhoods to ensure healthy child development and academic success; access to jobs that allow adults to properly support their families; and neighborhoods that offer affordable housing as well as educational and economic opportunities.
A leader in the nonprofit sector for over 30 years, Kweku previously served as founding director of Year Up Atlanta, an affiliate of a national nonprofit focused on workforce development for young adults ages 18-24. Before that, he was founding executive director of Project GRAD (Graduation Really Achieves Dreams) Atlanta, a comprehensive public education reform initiative that aims to improve academic achievement for children from low-income families to increase the number of first-generation college graduates. He also has held leadership roles at United Way of Greater Atlanta, where he oversaw investments in local and regional nonprofits, and Morehouse College’s community service efforts. Kweku began his career as a staff, then managing attorney with Atlanta Legal Aid Society Inc.
Kweku earned a bachelor’s degree in African studies from Wesleyan University, in Connecticut, and a law degree from New York University. He also completed the Harvard Business School Executive Education Strategic Issues in Nonprofit Management program and is a Certified Associate in Project Management.