February 20, 2022: Ed Shartar has led another successful year helping to give local nonprofit leaders access to executive education courses at Harvard Business School.
Ed is Chairman of the Harvard Business School Club of Atlanta’s Social Enterprise Initiative (SEI) scholarships – an annual program that gives full scholarships to attend HBS summer programs. Since its inception in 1997, the HBS Club of Atlanta has awarded more than 100 outstanding nonprofit leaders in Georgia with these scholarships.
The SEI scholarship recipients who will attend Harvard Business School courses this summer are:
- Elise Blasingame, Executive Director, Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Coalition of Georgia
- Frank Brown, CEO, Communities in Schools of Atlanta
- Jennifer King, Executive Director, Georgia Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA)
- Jill Morrisey, CEO, Camp Twin Lakes
- Amber Suitt, Director of Programs, Georgia Organics
- Kate Walker, Director of Performance & Strategic Initiatives, Catholic Charities Atlanta
“Educating leaders who make a difference in the world is the foundation of our School’s mission,” says Ed Shartar. “And the leaders recognized for this year’s SEI scholarship are doing exactly that. We are honored to have the opportunity to recognize and give back to these incredible individuals.”
Check out the video of a few past participates speaking about the impact of attending this program: Video of 4 scholarship winners